As an employee-owned company, we have no need to pay profits to any investors. One way we re-invest our profit is to offer our services pro bono to NGO’s and International organisations such as UNEP, ISO and SETAC.
We have a strong commitment to contribute to a sustainable development – to ensure that a fulfilling environment can be sustained both for the present generations and those to come. Within our field, we therefore initiate and take part in non-profit activities at the highest technical level and in these activities we promote sound scientific quality.
We play an active role in supplying expert delegates to the ISO TC 207 / SC5 on life cycle assessment and several other related Techical Committees.
- December 2021
Over the years 2.-0 LCA consultants have contributed to the methodology development for social LCA, especially pointing out the close parallels with the biophysical LCA framework, and contributing to quantification of the social impact pathways with impact categories, indicators, and characterisation factors.
- December 2004
The Background Report for a UNEP Guide to Life Cycle Management - A bridge to sustainable products was as a support to the UNEP Life Cycle Initiative and the UNEP Guide to Life Cycle Management.
- December 2001
Furthering the development of life-cycle assessment (LCA) as an accepted management tool towards sustainable development.
Contributions to international harmonisation
In the UNEP / SETAC Life Cycle Initiative, we contribute to the:
- WULCA on water and footprinting;
- The development of the Global Guidance Principles for Life Cycle Assessment Databases, which is a continuation of the Task Force on Life Cycle Inventory;
- Cross-cutting Task Force on Integration of Social Aspects in LCA (vice-chair);
- Working Group on Life Cycle Impact Assessment, contributing to the Task Force on Resources and Land Use and to the framework development: Final report of the LCIA Definition study, The LCIA Midpoint‑damage Framework of the UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative, chapter on dispersal of invasive species and Use of natural resources for the Life Cycle Impact Assessment definition study: Background document III.
- Task Force on Life Cycle Management
In ISO, we have contributed to the:
- Technical Management Board Task Force on Integrated Use of Management System Standards.
- TC 207 Environmental Management Systems and Tools. Task forces on business plan implementation and future strategies.
- ISO 14001 and 14004 Standard on Environmental Management.
- ISO 14025 Standard on Environmental Declarations.
- ISO 14040-series of standards on Life Cycle Assessment – The initial 1997 versions as well as secretariat for the 2008 revision (14040 & 14044).
- ISO 14063 Standard on Environmental Communication.
- ISO 14067 Standard on Carbon Footprinting
- ISO 26000 guidance document on Social Responsibility.
In SETAC-Europe, we have contributed to the
- Working Group on Life Cycle Costing (2003-2006)
- Working Group on Input-Output Economics (2003-2006)
- LCA Steering Committee (1998-2005)
- Working Group on Scenario Development (1998-2001)
- Working Group on Life Cycle Management (1998-2001)
- Working Group on Data availability and Quality (1998-2001
- Working Group on Life Cycle Impact Assessment (1998-2000)
- Working Group on Simplified Life Cycle Assessment (1994-1997)