- LCA Crop Database March 2023
The LCA crop database project aimed at developing a methodology for calculating the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, as well as fertiliser leaching/soil residues related to the cultivation of crops.
- Life Cycle Assessment of palm oil at United Plantations Berhad
This ongoing project aims to presents regular summaries of detailed life cycle assessments (LCA) of the palm oil production at United Plantations Berhad (Teluk Intan, Malaysia).
- Life cycle assessment of organic residues recycling at SARIA February 2022
An LCA of individual product lines was performed for SARIA’s treatment services of animal by-products and organic residues.
- Life-cycle greenhouse-gas emission calculator for MAVASOL’s sand recovery system April 2021
The aim of the project was to build a specific model and tool for MAVASOL to calculate the potential savings in GHG emissions associated to the implementation of their sand recovery system (SRS) for dairy farms. This was done by comparing two alternative situations (SRS vs no-SRS).
- LCA of Danish mink fur production March 2021
This study assessed the environmental impact of mink-based fur production in Denmark, by performing a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) for the average fur production in Denmark.
- LCA of 500 food items December 2020
Consumers as well as professionals in the grocery and catering industry are increasingly demanding information about the climate footprint of the foods they buy or sell. This project will result in a public climate database of more than 500 foods.
- Comparative LCA of a bio-based nylon resin May 2020
The project concerned a cradle-to-gate LCA of a specification of the bio-based nylon resin Zytel® produced by DuPont™, and a comparison with a fossil-based alternative.
- Palm oil pilot study February 2019
This project consists of a pilot (LCA) study of refined palm oil. Mitigation options in relation to nature conservation is investigated and comparisons with industry average palm oil is made.
- DESIRE January 2018
Developing and applying an optimal set of indicators and models to analyse and monitor the European progress towards resource efficiency.
- Environmental Impacts of Alcoholic Beverages December 2016
The purpose of the study was to document the total environmental impact of the product portfolio of the alcohol monopolies. The environmental impacts was expressed in monetary units, in addition to the underlying physical units.
- E P&L for Arla Foods May 2016
An Environmental Profit & Loss account (E P&L) was conducted by Arla Foods, the third largest dairy cooperative in the world, with the aim of documenting the total environmental impact of Arla Foods.
- Carbon Footprint Tool for Milk May 2016
We developed a tool, which can be used for calculation of carbon footprint of milk both at farm level and at national level. The tool is used by Danish dairy farmers and to review selected historical national productions.
- Potentials and barriers to the use of wood and sustainable wood in construction April 2016
On the basis of an assignment from the Center for Construction this project aimed to uncover potentials and barriers in the use of wood in Danish construction.
- Relative Sustainability of Vegetable Oils March 2016
Evidence to inform consumers and policy-makers of the potential negative environmental consequences of replacing any particular vegetable oil at the expense of another.
- Sustainable Solutions January 2016
The project aims at quantifying the environmental impacts of a range of solutions from DuPont Nutrition & Health. The project includes life cycle screenings of DuPont specialty food ingredients and their application in the industry.
- CREEA April 2014
Data for the Global Resource Footprint of Nations. Carbon, water, land and materials embodied in trade and final consumption.
- Critical review – comparative LCA of Dutch dairy products and plant-based alternatives September 2013
This critical review is carried out in accordance with ISO 14040/44 as the study is a third party report and the results are intended to be used to support a comparative assertion intended to be disclosed to the public.
- LCA screening of biofuels May 2013
This project was initiated by the Danish green think tank Concito to assess the climate impacts of six different biofuels: wood pellets, wood chips, straw, biogas, ethanol and biodiesel.
- Critical Review – PalmGHG Calculator November 2011
A critical review of the tool and accompanying report to improve the accuracy, relevance and usefulness of the PalmGHG Calculator: The RSPO greenhouse gas calculator for oil palm products.
- LCA of a Bio-Based Plasticizer June 2011
The project included a cradle-to-gate life cycle assessment of DuPont’s SOFT-N-SAFETM.
- Critical Review – GHG Emission and Danish Broiler Production June 2010
The aim of the review was to ascertain that the study was conducted in accordance with the ISO 14040 and 14044 standards and assesses the overall quality of the report.
- Environmental Impact of Competing Agricultural Products April 2005
The purpose of the project was to assess the environmental impacts from Danish pork and milk products in a life cycle perspective, in comparison with competing products, and, on this basis, to identify and prioritise the areas where the Danish environmental performance could be improved.
- Environmental Impact of the Use of Natural Resources (EIRES) November 2004
The aim of the study “Environmental Impact of the use of natural Resources (EIRES)” performed for the EU commission DG-JRC, IPTS was to support the development of the EU “Thematic Strategy for the Sustainable Use of Natural Resources”.
- Environmental Assessment of Agricultural Products August 2004
The primary objective of the project was to promote a product-oriented environmental assessment of products from agricultural holdings. The project provided the basic prerequisite, namely environmental effects recorded per unit of product.
- Product Oriented Measures in the Agricultural Sector June 2003
This study outlined the state of the art and provided a foresight study with three scenarios that differed with respect to the role assigned to the product-oriented approach – the life-cycle thinking. For each scenario, a number of development projects were proposed.
- LCA as a Tool in the Learning Bakery March 2003
The purpose of this project was to test the implemention of a product-oriented environmental management system at all levels in a large bakery enterprise. Peter Senge's concept of a learning organization was an inspiration for the project.
- Product-oriented Environmental Policy for Agricultural Production December 2001
In the study on “Product-oriented environmental policy for agricultural production” we identified the problem areas and the possible role of product-oriented policy measures.
- LCA of RSPO Certified Palm Oil
This project aims to develop time-series of life cycle (LCA) results of RSPO certified versus non-certified palm oil. Further, the LCA is differentiate between producing countries and type of growers (estates and smallholders)
- Indirect Land Use Change Model (iLUC)
How to model of indirect land use change (iLUC) in LCA? The iLUC Club develops and further refines a generic, simple and science-based model for including iLUC in LCA.