Our Executive Club provides privileged access to a range of working documents and tools. Members have access to “insider” tricks, pre-release working documents, new data, and proprietary tools.
Become a member of the Executive Club
The initiative is open to project partners and others by subscription. The annual subscription fee is currently EUR 2.000, which includes access to the Executive Club, 16 free consultancy hours, and 20% discount on our consultancy rates.
Would you like to become an Executive Club member, or to know more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The below entries are examples of Executive Club content.
- 2017-09-26 pdf WorldSteel EoL recycling formula explained – tool These slides provide a simple explanation of the WorldSteel EoL recycling formula, a (possibly common) misinterpretation, and a suggestion for a more simple formula (and procedure) that is less likely to lead to misinterpretations.
- 2016-07-28 xlsx Irrigation water withdrawal pr crops – data
This file contains two ways of distributing the Aquastat data for "Irrigation water withdrawal" over crops: According to irrigated crop area and according to irrigated area-time. The file also contains a data example explaining the theoretical basis.
- 2016-03-30 zip Macro for hybrid LCA (CSVmaker) – tool CSVmaker: macro that converts tables in Excel to SimaPro CSV-import file. The macro facilitates the construction of life cycle inventories (LCI) in Excel in a standardised table format that can easily be converted into a CSV file that can be imported in SimaPro 8. The management of LCI data in Excel is useful for the modelling of complex foreground systems as well as when creating and modifying LCI databases (process, input-output and hybrid databases). The macro works for Excel in Windows as well as Mac. A poster included in the zip-file explains the procedure.
- 2016-03-30 pdf Manual for CSVmaker – toolThis is manual describes how to use our CSVmaker, which enables direct transfer of LCI data from Excel to SimaPro. The CSVmaker is available to members of our Exercutive Club.
- 2015-08-31 pdf Methodology report – tool Consolidated Energy Club report documenting the methodology and inventory data which has been produced as part of the Energy Club initiative to date. Included is also a manual for importing and using the electricity datasets in SimaPro with ecoinvent v3.
- 2015-05-12 csv Electricity CSV file with ecoinvent in SimaPro – tool CSV file for import in the ecoinvent database (v3.1 consequential unit) in SimaPro. The file includes different consequential scenarios for electricity mixes for 19 countries/regions. Different scenarios can be activated by using a switch: e1 = 1 => ecoinvent default consequential mix, e2 = 1 => marginal future scenario (recommended scenario), and e3 = 1 => marginal historical scenario. Before importing and using the file, please read the ‘Energy club readme’ file.
- 2015-05-12 docx Energy club readme – tool Readme file for importing and using the energy club CSV file with ecoinvent in SimaPro.
- 2015-05-12 pdf Modelling of electricity in life cycle inventory and carbon footprint schemes – presentation Presentation of the core concepts in the Energy club electricity scenarios. The presentation was given at the SETAC Europe 18th LCA Case Study Symposium in Copenhagen 26-28th November 2012.
- 2014-07-18 pdf Bo Weidema’s comments on LEAP Feed guideline Bo Weidema's comments on the LEAP guideline on "environmental performance of animal feeds supply chains". Please refer to the guideline on: http://www.fao.org/partnerships/leap/public-review/en/
- 2014-07-18 pdf Bo Weidema’s comments on LEAP poultry Bo Weidema's comments on the LEAP guideline on "Greenhouse gas emissions and fossil energy demand from poultry supply chains". Please refer to the guideline on: http://www.fao.org/partnerships/leap/public-review/en/
- 2014-07-18 pdf Bo Weidema’s comments on LEAP small ruminant Bo Weidema's comments on the LEAP guideline on "Greenhouse gas emissions and fossil energy demand from small ruminant supply chains". Please refer to the guideline on: http://www.fao.org/partnerships/leap/public-review/en/
- 2010-05-18 xls more info Marginal electricity worldwide – tool Estimation of marginal electricity in all regions in the World: Excel sheet for calculation of marginal electricity in different regions in the World. The marginal source of electricity is identified in proportion with the expected growth rate of each source (coal, gas, wind, hydro etc.) according to the IEA energy outlook 2008. The identification of affected sources of electricity also also includes exclusion of constrained sources. The methodology is described in chapter 6 and appendix 4 in Schmidt and Thrane (2009), Life cycle assessment of aluminium production in new Alcoa smelter in Greenland. Government of Greenland. Click "more info" for a well-documented alternative to regional grid averages.
- 2010-05-18 csv cLCA switch – tool Switch for marginal/average electricity in the ecoinvent database (ecoinvent unit processes). The switch is a database parameter implemented in the core electricity process in the ecoinvent database in the LCA software SimaPro.
- 2007-12-04 xls electricity and gas in EU-27 – tool Prices and consumption data for electricity and gas in EU-27 for year 2000.
- 2007-08-23 zip Input-Output based LCA-database for EU-27 – tool Version 2 of our Input-Output based LCA-database for EU-27 ; year 2000. Includes European normalisation reference for year 2000, and live links to the US 1998 NAMEA for imported products.
- 2007-07-20 xls Danish LCIA guidance – tool Guidance on how to match emissions from the Danish Input-output data to different impact assessment methods.
- 2007-02-16 xls Prices of electricity, heat, natural gas and water (DK) – tool Prices of electricity, heat, natural gas and water (industry and household use) for use with the Danish IO-database.
- 2006-12-12 pdf Handling impacts by system expansion – article Bo Weidema (2006): Handling impacts from resource use in LCA by system expansion - A Contribution to the UNEP/SETAC TF on Resources.
- 2005-01-31 zip Social endpoints – presentation Bo P. Weidema: A consistent structure for modelling the social impact chains from inventory results to damage categories. Presentation for UNEP/SETAC Task Force on Integration of Social Aspects into LCA, Bologna, 2005-01-12.
- 2004-02-16 doc LCI review template – tool Template for LCI reviews according to the requirements of the 14040-series.