Waste management and recycling
- Life cycle assessment of organic residues recycling at DAKA
A comparative LCA of individual product lines was performed for Daka’s treatment services of by‑products from slaughterhouses, fallen stock (animals that died on farm) and food waste. Furthermore total product portfolio LCAs for 2018/2019 were calculated.
- Rethinking municipal tariff systems to improve urban waste governance
The aim of the LIFE‑REthinkWASTE project is to provide a governance scheme for municipalities to increase waste separation, reduction and recovery rates and to simultaneously reduce the waste bills of households.
- Management of ladle refractory brick waste – E-CO-LadleBrick
The main aims of the E‑CO‑LadleBrick project are to achieve an innovative waste management for worn ladle bricks in steel mills by implementing Circular Economy criteria based in a "4R model" (Reduce, Reuse, Remanufacture and Recycle)
- Integral refractory waste management – LIFE 5REFRACT
LIFE 5REFRACT aims at applying a "5R" (reduce, reuse, remanufacture, recycle, re‑educate) approach within the European steel sector to reach an integral valorisation of refractory materials.
- Editorial Work for ecoinvent
Reviewing datasets for the ecoinvent database.
- Social footprint of packaging waste prevention October 2019
The aim of this project was to conduct a social footprint assessment of a packaging waste prevention campaign carried out in Zamudio.
- Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of Ecosave Packaging and conventional packaging August 2018
The aim of this study is to compare selected Ecosave Packaging with conventional packaging for a range of impact categories. The study enables the client to provide quantitative information to customers.
- DESIRE January 2018
Developing and applying an optimal set of indicators and models to analyse and monitor the European progress towards resource efficiency.
- Critical review – reuse of household waste December 2017
Peer review of the Danish EPA project: “Miljø‑ og samfundsøkonomisk vurdering af øget genanvendelse af husholdningsaffald".
- Sustainability assessment of a deposit return system for packaging waste in Spain June 2017
The project (ARIADNA) aimed at providing an environmental, economic and social assessment of the implementation in Spain of a deposit return system (DRS) for some plastic and glass beverage containers present in municipal solid waste (MSW). The consequences of implementing this system were compared to those of the existing system, based on kerbside collection of these materials.
- CREEA April 2014
Data for the Global Resource Footprint of Nations. Carbon, water, land and materials embodied in trade and final consumption.
- Environmental Profit and Loss Account (E P&L) for Novo Nordisk February 2014
This project was a collaborative effort, looking into Novo Nordisk's value chain, leading to the first Novo Nordisk Environmental Profit and Loss Account (E P&L).
- Baisikeli’s Recycling Project in Mozambique September 2013
The purpose of this small project was to assess the climate effect of re‑using old Danish bicycles in Mozambique relative to the current disposal as scrap.
- FORWAST November 2009
The objective of the FORWAST project was to forecasts the material stocks, waste amounts and related environmental impacts in EU‑27 for the following 25 years under different scenarios of waste prevention, waste treatment and recycling.
- Holiwast June 2007 and closed 2017
The Holiwast Decision Support Tool was a web‑based tool that allowed simultaneous comparisons of up to five stakeholder views or scenarios of municipal waste management policies.
- Life Cycle Based Cost-Benefit Assessment of Waste Management Options May 2006
The study analysed municipal solid waste treatment scenarios and provided data, methodological improvements, results and strategy recommendations for the new EU member states. The recommendations were generally applicable to municipal solid waste treatment.