- LCA of RSPO Certified Palm Oil
This project aims to develop time‑series of life cycle (LCA) results of RSPO certified versus non‑certified palm oil. Further, the LCA is differentiate between producing countries and type of growers (estates and smallholders)
- Comparison of environmental claims for graphical products January 2019
The project outlines how environmental claims can be verified by life cycle assessment, and which core aspects are required for such claims to be valid.
- DESIRE January 2018
Developing and applying an optimal set of indicators and models to analyse and monitor the European progress towards resource efficiency.
- LCA of palm oil at United Plantations Berhad 2016, results for 2004-2015 March 2016
The study builds on top of previous studies carried out for United Plantations to estimate the environmental impact of palm oil, presented as greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, i.e. carbon footprint. The environmental impacts relate to the life cycle of palm oil from cultivation to the gate of the refinery including all upstream emissions.
- LCA of palm oil at United Plantations Berhad 2014 December 2014
The study consisted of an LCA of palm oil production for United Plantations Berhad based on their results for 2004‑2013 and building on previous studies. The environmental impact of palm oil is here presented as greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, i.e. carbon footprint. A summary of the findings is available here.
- CREEA April 2014
Data for the Global Resource Footprint of Nations. Carbon, water, land and materials embodied in trade and final consumption.
- LCA screening of biofuels May 2013
This project was initiated by the Danish green think tank Concito to assess the climate impacts of six different biofuels: wood pellets, wood chips, straw, biogas, ethanol and biodiesel.
- Critical Review – PalmGHG Calculator November 2011
A critical review of the tool and accompanying report to improve the accuracy, relevance and usefulness of the PalmGHG Calculator: The RSPO greenhouse gas calculator for oil palm products.
- Identifying the Marginal Sources of Wood and Paper May 2010
The project aimed at summarizing the steps, arguments and market data that are needed to identify the long term marginal supplier affected by a long‑term change in demand for two types of kraftwood.
- Biodiversity Indicators for Forest Management in LCA context February 2008
The objective of the study was to review existing proposals for biodiversity indicators for forest management, placing the indicators within a common framework.
- Environmental Improvement Potentials of Meat and Dairy Products November 2007
This project applies several novel elements at the same time, such as hybrid LCA, consequential modelling, rebound effects, social impacts, life cycle costs, analysis of synergies and dysergies, impact assessment with full monetarisation, temporal discounting, and policy feasibility assessment.
- Implications of Hybrid and Consequential Modelling for the Use of LCA May 2005
- Indirect Land Use Change Model (iLUC)
How to model of indirect land use change (iLUC) in LCA? The iLUC Club develops and further refines a generic, simple and science‑based model for including iLUC in LCA.