- Life cycle assessment (LCA) of Kangamiut Seafood products November 2021
A cradle to consumer consequential life cycle assessment was conducted of 3 seafood products from Kangamiut Seafood, namely of: Atlantic cod, Cooked and peeled prawns and shell-on prawns. Additionally, screenings of carbon offsetting options were conducted.
- LCA of Løgismose Meyers’ product portfolio in 2018 & 2019 March 2021
This project entails a detailed comparative cradle-to-grave life cycle assessment of Løgismose Meyers’ product portfolio.
- LCA of 500 food items December 2020
Consumers as well as professionals in the grocery and catering industry are increasingly demanding information about the climate footprint of the foods they buy or sell. This project will result in a public climate database of more than 500 foods.
- Social Footprints studies April 2017
This project aims to increase the knowledge of social performance of two products from the Nestlé supply chains: the production of milk (liquid milk and milk powder) in Pakistan, and the production of tomato-based sauces under the Solis brand in Spain.
- Carbon Footprint Tool for Milk May 2016
We developed a tool, which can be used for calculation of carbon footprint of milk both at farm level and at national level. The tool is used by Danish dairy farmers and to review selected historical national productions.
- Relative Sustainability of Vegetable Oils March 2016
Evidence to inform consumers and policy-makers of the potential negative environmental consequences of replacing any particular vegetable oil at the expense of another.
- Sustainable Solutions January 2016
The project aims at quantifying the environmental impacts of a range of solutions from DuPont Nutrition & Health. The project includes life cycle screenings of DuPont specialty food ingredients and their application in the industry.
- LCA of Locust Bean Gum June 2015
The project concerned a cradle-to-customer LCA of locust bean gum produced by DuPont N&H at their plant in Valencia in Spain. The LCA was a cradle-to-gate assessment and included the cultivation of carob pods, and the processing at the plant in Valencia.
- LCA of Emulsifiers May 2015
This project has applied life cycle assessment (LCA) to a series of emulsifiers manufactured by DuPont Nutrition and Health in Grindsted, Denmark.
- LCA of Pectin February 2014
In this project we conducted a life cycle assessment of the annual industry average of global production of pectin based on data from the year 2011.
- Corporate Carbon Footprint January 2014
The purpose of this project was to provide an overview of DuPont N&H’s total CO2e emissions (the so-called organizational carbon footprint) to enable decision-making and prioritization in their environmental work.
- The Socio-Economic Consequences of Environmental Advices December 2013
The project looked at the socio-economic consequences of 7 environmental advices given by the government. The purpose of the project was to investigate the value if such advices are followed by the general public and to visualize the benefits of a personal effort to the society.
- Critical review – comparative LCA of Dutch dairy products and plant-based alternatives September 2013
This critical review is carried out in accordance with ISO 14040/44 as the study is a third party report and the results are intended to be used to support a comparative assertion intended to be disclosed to the public.
- Critical Review – PalmGHG Calculator November 2011
A critical review of the tool and accompanying report to improve the accuracy, relevance and usefulness of the PalmGHG Calculator: The RSPO greenhouse gas calculator for oil palm products.
- Critical Review – GHG Emission and Danish Broiler Production June 2010
The aim of the review was to ascertain that the study was conducted in accordance with the ISO 14040 and 14044 standards and assesses the overall quality of the report.
- Environmental Improvement Potentials of Meat and Dairy Products November 2007
This project applies several novel elements at the same time, such as hybrid LCA, consequential modelling, rebound effects, social impacts, life cycle costs, analysis of synergies and dysergies, impact assessment with full monetarisation, temporal discounting, and policy feasibility assessment.
- Environmental Impact of Competing Agricultural Products April 2005
The purpose of the project was to assess the environmental impacts from Danish pork and milk products in a life cycle perspective, in comparison with competing products, and, on this basis, to identify and prioritise the areas where the Danish environmental performance could be improved.
- Prioritisation within the Integrated Product Policy December 2004
The project “Prioritisation within the integrated product policy” established a detailed and well-documented method for prioritising product areas and groups.
- Environmental Assessment of Agricultural Products August 2004
The primary objective of the project was to promote a product-oriented environmental assessment of products from agricultural holdings. The project provided the basic prerequisite, namely environmental effects recorded per unit of product.
- LCA-Food: A Database for Basic Foods March 2004
A database on the environmental impacts from basic food products was produced in 2000-2003 for the Danish Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, as part of the project "Lifecycle Assessment of Basic Food". The database is available free of charge.
- LCA as a Tool in the Learning Bakery March 2003
The purpose of this project was to test the implemention of a product-oriented environmental management system at all levels in a large bakery enterprise. Peter Senge's concept of a learning organization was an inspiration for the project.
- Product-oriented Environmental Policy for Agricultural Production December 2001
In the study on “Product-oriented environmental policy for agricultural production” we identified the problem areas and the possible role of product-oriented policy measures.