Certified Palm Oil Club
Do you want to contribute to the development of the next life cycle assessment (LCA) comparing RSPO certified palm oil to non-certified palm oil? Then the Certified Palm Oil Club is for you.
Become a member of the Certified Palm Oil Club
Recently, our first crowdfunded project on a comparative LCA of RSPO certified and non-certified palm oil was finalised. To follow the impact of palm oil certification over time, geography and type of grower, we now launch the next project. The price of subscription is a onetime amount at 3,000 EUR. The minimum budget for conducting the project is 45,000 EUR. Budget from subscriptions that exceed this minimum budget is used to expand the scope of the project. As a partner of this initiative you will contribute to the development of an LCA of RSPO certified vs. non-certified palm oil. The LCA includes time-series, spatial differentiation on major palm oil producing countries as well as differentiation between estates and smallholders.
The below entries are examples of Certified Palm Oil Club content.
- 2019-09-10 docx Guideline – How to download the SimaPro databases for the RSPO project This short manual describes how to download the SimaPro databases for reproducing the Attributional and Consequential LCA results found in ‘Schmidt and De Rosa (2019) Comparative LCA of RSPO-certified and non-certified palm oil’.
- 2019-05-13 pdf RSPO LCA main report Final deliverables: Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of RSPO-certified and Non-certified Palm Oil. Date 7. May 2019
- 2019-05-10 pdf RSPO LCA Appendix Report Final deliverables: Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of RSPO-certified and Non-certified Palm Oil - the Appendix Report. Date: 7. May 2019
- 2019-01-24 pdf Status meeting 8 – summaryThis file contains the minutes of the 8th RSPO palm oil LCA status meeting Thursday 24th January 2019, 10:00-11:30 (CET).
- 2019-01-24 pdf Status meeting 8 – Presentation This file contains the presentation for status meeting 8 for RSPO Palm oil LCA on Thursday 24th January 2019, 10:00-11:30 (CET).
- 2018-09-17 pdf Comparative LCA of RSPO certified and non-certified palm oil – report Final draft for third party critical review by Jannick Schmidt and Michele De Rosa, 2.-0 LCA consultants, Aalborg, 15th September 2018. The report is an outcome of the crowdfunded project: Life Cycle Assessment of RSPO Certified Palm Oil.
- 2018-09-04 pdf Status meeting 7 – agendaThis file contains the agenda and call-in info for RSPO palm oil LCA status meeting 7 on Tuesday 4th September 2018.
- 2018-09-04 pdf Status meeting 7 – presentation This file contains the presentation for status meeting 7 for RSPO Palm oil LCA on Tuesday 4th September 2018.
- 2018-09-04 pdf Status meeting 7 – summary This file contains the summary notes for status meeting 7 for RSPO Palm oil LCA on Tuesday 4th September 2018.
- 2018-03-22 pdf Status meeting 5 – presentationThis files contains the slides for the fifth status meeting of our project: LCA of RSPO certified palm oil, date: 22nd March 2018
- 2018-01-30 pdf Status meeting 4 – minutes
Summary of status meeting 4: RSPO LCA project, Date: 26th January 2018, 10:00-12:00(CET).
- 2017-12-05 docx Status meeting 3 – minutes This file contains the minutes from our status meeting 5. December 2017
- 2017-12-05 pdf Status meeting 3 – presentation This file contains the slides from the status meeting 5. December 2017
- 2017-12-05 pdf Improving the PalmGHG calculator – presentation This file contains the slides with suggestions for improvements of the PalmGHG calculator (by Jannick Schmidt, 10th March 2017)
- 2017-09-06 pdf Certified sustainable palm oil – posterFull title: Certified sustainable palm oil – what are the benefits? - Is it a way forward for greening agri-food value chains in emerging economies? Poster by Jannick Schmidt and Michele De Rosa presented at LCM2017.
- 2017-08-17 xlsx Principles and criteria for data collection – tool This file contains the principles and criteria for data collection as well as the data demands overview of the Palm Oil club project.
- 2017-08-16 pdf Status meeting – presentationProject: LCA of RSPO certified palm oil - powerpoint from first status meeting, 16th August 2017.