Services and solutions
We provide services and solutions for measuring progress towards sustainability, and for assessing the environmental and social impact of specific actions or products. Our tools support encompassing, long-lasting decisions, aligned with other business objectives, turning environmental and social costs into opportunities. We apply stakeholder analysis and involvement to create win-win solutions, removing financial, technological and psychological barriers to the implementation of optimised decisions.
- Product life cycle assessments (LCAs) assess the overall environmental impacts caused by a system of production, use and disposal processes necessary to provide a specific product.
- We provide guidance on how to perform life cycle assessments consistent with scientific standards and technical guidelines and also contribute to the development of tools and LCA software for the LCA practitioner.
- We provide portfolio life cycle assessments that cover the life cycle impacts for the entire product portfolio for a company or an industry. Portfolio LCAs can also be made as Environmental Profit & Loss accounts (E P&L)
- We develop comprehensive national and regional LCA-databases based on economical and environmental statistics. For individual customers we develop proprietary databases.
- Input-Output databases are based on national economic and environmental statistics. These databases have the advantage over process-databases that they cover the complete economy eliminating the need for making cut-offs in the LCA.
- Our impact assessment method “Stepwise2006” carries all impacts forward to a single score, either monetary units or QALYs while maintaining the option of providing results at midpoint categories or damage categories.
- Credibility is key to communicating the results of a life cycle assessment. Therefore, the ISO 14040 standard requires critical reviews to be performed on all life cycle assessments supporting a comparative assertion disclosed to the public.
- Product oriented policies seek to optimise the environmental performance of the total system of production, use and disposal processes needed to provide the products.
- More than half of the global environmental impact is due to products that originate in agriculture, and is therefore one of our focus areas. Most often our studies are policy-oriented, data-rich, and use monetary valuation of the environmental impacts.
- Life cycle assessment is an effective technique to choose between waste management options. Very often, the economically preferable option is also the environmentally preferable.
- Integrated Product Management, also known as Life Cycle Management - LCM is a management paradigm that takes optimisation of the product chain as its fundamental viewpoint.
- Environmental Product Declarations are based on life cycle assessment data. As a simplified form of communication, there is a danger that an EPD might mislead consumers. Choice of correct LCA data and methods is essential for a good EPD.
- Your capacity building is our concern and we offer post-graduate education and courses on LCA.
- Sustainable development requires decisions that change the future. Considerations on stakeholder involvement and barriers for implementation are a strategic background in all our activities, but in some projects this aspect is more explicit.
- As an employee-owned company, we have no need to pay profits to any investors. One way we re-invest our profit is to offer our services pro bono to NGO’s and International organisations such as UNEP, ISO and SETAC.