Services and solutions
We provide methods for measuring progress towards sustainability, and for assessing the environmental and social impact of specific actions or products. Our tools support encompassing, long-lasting decisions, aligned with other business objectives, turning environmental and social costs into opportunities. We apply stakeholder analysis and involvement to create win-win solutions, removing financial, technological and psychological barriers to the implementation of optimised decisions.
- Product life cycle assessments (LCAs) assess the overall environmental impacts caused by a system of production, use and disposal processes necessary to provide a specific product.
- We provide guidance on how to perform assessments consistent with scientific standards and technical guidelines and also contribute to the development of tools and LCA software for the LCA practitioner.
- We develop comprehensive national and regional LCA-databases based on economical and environmental statistics. For individual customers we develop proprietary databases.
- Input-Output databases are based on national economic and environmental statistics. These databases have the advantage over process-databases that they cover the complete economy eliminating the need for making cut-offs in the LCA.
- Our impact assessment method “Stepwise2006” carries all impacts forward to a single score, either monetary units or QALYs while maintaining the option of providing results at midpoint categories or damage categories.
- We provide Environmental Profit & Loss accounts (E P&L) and Natural Capital Accounts (NCA) that cover the life cycle impacts for the entire product portfolio for a company or an industry.
- Credibility is key to communicating the results of a life cycle assessment. Therefore, the ISO 14040 standard requires critical reviews to be performed on all life cycle assessments supporting a comparative assertion disclosed to the public.
- Product oriented policies seek to optimise the environmental performance of the total system of production, use and disposal processes needed to provide the products.
- More than half of the global environmental impact is due to products that originate in agriculture, and is therefore one of our focus areas. Most often our studies are policy-oriented, data-rich, and use monetary valuation of the environmental impacts.
- Life cycle assessment is an effective technique to choose between waste management options. Very often, the economically preferable option is also the environmentally preferable.
- Integrated Product Management, also known as Life Cycle Management - LCM is a management paradigm that takes optimisation of the product chain as its fundamental viewpoint.
- Environmental Product Declarations are based on life cycle assessment data. As a simplified form of communication, there is a danger that an EPD might mislead consumers. Choice of correct LCA data and methods is essential for a good EPD.
- Your capacity building is our concern and we offer post-graduate education and courses on demand. A number of standard course templates are available, but our courses will always be tailored to your specific needs.
- Sustainable development requires decisions that change the future. Considerations on stakeholder involvement and barriers for implementation are a strategic background in all our activities, but in some projects this aspect is more explicit.
- As an employee-owned company, we have no need to pay profits to any investors. One way we re-invest our profit is to offer our services pro bono to NGO’s and International organisations such as UNEP, ISO and SETAC.