Services and solutions
We provide services and solutions for measuring progress towards sustainability, and for assessing the environmental and social impact of specific actions or products. Our tools support encompassing, long-lasting decisions, aligned with other business objectives, turning environmental and social costs into opportunities. We apply stakeholder analysis and involvement to create win-win solutions, removing financial, technological and psychological barriers to the implementation of optimised decisions.
- Product life cycle assessments (LCAs) assess the overall environmental impacts caused by a system of production, use and disposal processes necessary to provide a specific product.
- We develop comprehensive global, national and regional LCA-databases based on economical and environmental statistics. For individual customers we develop proprietary databases, often combining input-output data with specific process data in so-called hybrid databases.
- Traditional Life Cycle Assessments have focused on biophysical impacts on ecosystems and selected human health issues. A more comprehensive assessment is obtained by adding Social LCA that covers both social and economic impact pathways and Life Cycle Costing (LCC). Thereby, we obtain a complete Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment (LCSA).
- We support evaluation and implementation of integrated product policies and management options for public authorities, NGOs, industry associations and individual enterprises.
- We provide guidance on how to perform life cycle assessments consistent with scientific standards and technical guidelines and also contribute to the development of tools and LCA software for the LCA practitioner.
- We provide portfolio life cycle assessments that cover the life cycle impacts for the entire product portfolio for a company or an industry. Portfolio LCAs can also be made as Environmental Profit & Loss accounts (E P&L)
- Our impact assessment method “Stepwise2006” carries all impacts forward to a single score, either monetary units or QALYs while maintaining the option of providing results at midpoint categories or damage categories.
- Credibility is key to communicating the results of a life cycle assessment. Therefore, the ISO 14040 standard requires critical reviews to be performed on all life cycle assessments supporting a comparative assertion disclosed to the public.
- Environmental Product Declarations are based on life cycle assessment data. As a simplified form of communication, there is a danger that an EPD might mislead consumers. Choice of correct LCA data and methods is essential for a good EPD.
- Your capacity building is our concern and we offer post-graduate education and courses on LCA.
- As an employee-owned company, we have no need to pay profits to any investors. One way we re-invest our profit is to offer our services pro bono to NGO’s and International organisations such as UNEP, ISO and SETAC.