We develop projects tailored to each company’s needs – consulting by the hour or to fixed budget and fixed schedule.
- LCA Crop Database March 2023
The LCA crop database project aimed at developing a methodology for calculating the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, as well as fertiliser leaching/soil residues related to the cultivation of crops.
- Towards net zero for global logistics
2.-0 LCA consultants supports Maersk to fulfil their net zero pledge for 2040, that has recently been rated as the pledge with most integrity.
- Quantifying sustainable impact pathways
This project places each of the 169 targets of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into a comprehensive, quantified and operational impact pathway framework.
- Life Cycle Assessment of palm oil at United Plantations Berhad
This ongoing project aims to presents regular summaries of detailed life cycle assessments (LCA) of the palm oil production at United Plantations Berhad (Teluk Intan, Malaysia).
- Comparative LCA of in-mould structural electronics (IMSE®) for a coffee maker June 2022
The aim of this project was to compare the life-cycle environmental impact of alternative options for a control panel incorporated in a coffee maker, manufactured using in-mould structural electronics (IMSE®) technology and conventional technology (separate plastic and electronic components).
- Life cycle assessment of organic residues recycling at SARIA February 2022
An LCA of individual product lines was performed for SARIA’s treatment services of animal by-products and organic residues.
- Life cycle assessment (LCA) of Kangamiut Seafood products November 2021
A cradle to consumer consequential life cycle assessment was conducted of 3 seafood products from Kangamiut Seafood, namely of: Atlantic cod, Cooked and peeled prawns and shell-on prawns. Additionally, screenings of carbon offsetting options were conducted.
- Critical panel review – Climate Footprint of Straw Pyrolysis & Straw Biogas September 2021
The aim was to perform a critical review of the study “Climate Footprint Analysis of Straw Pyrolysis & Straw Biogas”. The review included several rounds of written feedback and virtual meetings.
- Life-cycle greenhouse-gas emission calculator for MAVASOL’s sand recovery system April 2021
The aim of the project was to build a specific model and tool for MAVASOL to calculate the potential savings in GHG emissions associated to the implementation of their sand recovery system (SRS) for dairy farms. This was done by comparing two alternative situations (SRS vs no-SRS).
- LCA of Danish mink fur production March 2021
This study assessed the environmental impact of mink-based fur production in Denmark, by performing a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) for the average fur production in Denmark.
- LCA of Løgismose Meyers’ product portfolio in 2018 & 2019 March 2021
This project entails a detailed comparative cradle-to-grave life cycle assessment of Løgismose Meyers’ product portfolio.
- LCA of DuPont Hytrel renewably-sourced thermoplastic elastomer January 2021
The goal of this study is to carry out a comparative LCA of the thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) Hytrel® by DuPont™ based on both renewably-sourced and fossil-based production routes for key ingredients.
- Life Cycle Assessment of EmbryoScope+ September 2020
This project involved a high-level screening life cycle assessment (LCA) of the product EmbryoScope+, focusing on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The project resulted in a report aimed at the decision-makers at Vitrolife A/S.
- Comparative LCA of a bio-based nylon resin May 2020
The project concerned a cradle-to-gate LCA of a specification of the bio-based nylon resin Zytel® produced by DuPont™, and a comparison with a fossil-based alternative.
- Life cycle assessment of organic residues recycling at DAKA April 2020
A comparative LCA of individual product lines was performed for Daka’s treatment services of by-products from slaughterhouses, fallen stock (animals that died on farm) and food waste. Furthermore total product portfolio LCAs for 2018/2019 were calculated.
- Climate footprint of a video meeting using Jabra Panacast December 2019
This project provides a climate footprint of a video meeting using Jabra Panacast, a comparison to face-to-face meetings, and a description of the approach followed to obtain the results. The project resulted in a not publicly available report.
- Life cycle assessment of pea protein July 2019
The goal of this study was to assess the environmental impact of pea protein isolate produced by DuPont Nutrition & Health from North American yellow peas.
- Palm oil pilot study February 2019
This project consists of a pilot (LCA) study of refined palm oil. Mitigation options in relation to nature conservation is investigated and comparisons with industry average palm oil is made.
- Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of Ecosave Packaging and conventional packaging August 2018
The aim of this study is to compare selected Ecosave Packaging with conventional packaging for a range of impact categories. The study enables the client to provide quantitative information to customers.
- Critical review – comparative LCA of hand dish detergents in Sweden August 2018
The LCA study was commissioned by Procter & Gamble and compared two commercial hand dish detergents used in Sweden. We took part in a critical review in accordance with ISO 14040/44.
- Life cycle assessment of isolated soy protein March 2018
The project concerned a cradle-to-gate LCA of isolated soy protein (ISP) produced by DuPont N&H in the United States. The LCA included the cultivation of soy as well as the processing of the beans to ISP.
- Life cycle assessment of Xylitol November 2017
The goal of this study was to assess the environmental impact of the sweetener xylitol, produced by DuPont Nutrition & Health based on different raw materials and different production sites.
- Critical review – LCA of rigid and flexible PVC films in Mexico November 2017
We chaired a critical review panel for an LCA study on PVC films consumed in Mexico, commissioned by the Mexican Chemical Manufacturers Association (ANIQ) and performed by CADIS.
- Sustainability assessment of a deposit return system for packaging waste in Spain June 2017
The project (ARIADNA) aimed at providing an environmental, economic and social assessment of the implementation in Spain of a deposit return system (DRS) for some plastic and glass beverage containers present in municipal solid waste (MSW). The consequences of implementing this system were compared to those of the existing system, based on kerbside collection of these materials.
- Social Footprints studies April 2017
This project aims to increase the knowledge of social performance of two products from the Nestlé supply chains: the production of milk (liquid milk and milk powder) in Pakistan, and the production of tomato-based sauces under the Solis brand in Spain.
- Environmental Impacts of Alcoholic Beverages December 2016
The purpose of the study was to document the total environmental impact of the product portfolio of the alcohol monopolies. The environmental impacts was expressed in monetary units, in addition to the underlying physical units.
- Critical review – Carbon footprint of photovoltaic modules by REC Solar July 2016
We conducted a critical review of the carbon footprint study commissioned by REC Solar and carried out by Deloitte & Touche Enterprise Risk Services Pte. Ltd. South East Asia.
- E P&L for Arla Foods May 2016
An Environmental Profit & Loss account (E P&L) was conducted by Arla Foods, the third largest dairy cooperative in the world, with the aim of documenting the total environmental impact of Arla Foods.
- Carbon Footprint Tool for Milk May 2016
We developed a tool, which can be used for calculation of carbon footprint of milk both at farm level and at national level. The tool is used by Danish dairy farmers and to review selected historical national productions.
- Potentials and barriers to the use of wood and sustainable wood in construction April 2016
On the basis of an assignment from the Center for Construction this project aimed to uncover potentials and barriers in the use of wood in Danish construction.
- Sustainable Solutions January 2016
The project aims at quantifying the environmental impacts of a range of solutions from DuPont Nutrition & Health. The project includes life cycle screenings of DuPont specialty food ingredients and their application in the industry.
- LCA of Locust Bean Gum June 2015
The project concerned a cradle-to-customer LCA of locust bean gum produced by DuPont N&H at their plant in Valencia in Spain. The LCA was a cradle-to-gate assessment and included the cultivation of carob pods, and the processing at the plant in Valencia.
- LCA of Emulsifiers May 2015
This project has applied life cycle assessment (LCA) to a series of emulsifiers manufactured by DuPont Nutrition and Health in Grindsted, Denmark.
- Environmental life cycle screening of different protein sources april 2015
The goal of this study was to assess the environmental impact of protein obtained from different animal and vegetable sources.
- Critical Review – Solar Silicon Report February 2015
We performed critical review of the report: “Cradle-to-Gate Global Warming Potential impacts of Elkem Solar Silicon, Norway”
- EPD for Textile Based Ventilation Ducts January 2015
The goal of this project was to perform an environmental product declaration for a specific textile duct and enable future EPD's of similar textile ducts produced by the company.
- Environmental Profit and Loss Account (E P&L) for Novo Nordisk February 2014
This project was a collaborative effort, looking into Novo Nordisk's value chain, leading to the first Novo Nordisk Environmental Profit and Loss Account (E P&L).
- Corporate Carbon Footprint January 2014
The purpose of this project was to provide an overview of DuPont N&H’s total CO2e emissions (the so-called organizational carbon footprint) to enable decision-making and prioritization in their environmental work.
- Critical review – comparative LCA of Dutch dairy products and plant-based alternatives September 2013
This critical review is carried out in accordance with ISO 14040/44 as the study is a third party report and the results are intended to be used to support a comparative assertion intended to be disclosed to the public.
- LCA of a Bio-Based Plasticizer June 2011
The project included a cradle-to-gate life cycle assessment of DuPont’s SOFT-N-SAFETM.
- Input-output Database for SimaPro June 2010
The aim was an input-output database accounting for all sectors of the economy for EU-27 to be used in SimaPro.
- Identifying the Marginal Sources of Wood and Paper May 2010
The project aimed at summarizing the steps, arguments and market data that are needed to identify the long term marginal supplier affected by a long-term change in demand for two types of kraftwood.
- The ALCOA Smelter in Greenland July 2009
The project aimed to provide a detailed overview of the environmental impacts, seen in a life cycle perspective, of an aluminium smelter with an annual capacity of 360,000 tonnes planned for instalment in West Greenland.
- Biodiversity Indicators for Forest Management in LCA context February 2008
The objective of the study was to review existing proposals for biodiversity indicators for forest management, placing the indicators within a common framework.
- Implications of Hybrid and Consequential Modelling for the Use of LCA May 2005
- LCA as a Tool in the Learning Bakery March 2003
The purpose of this project was to test the implemention of a product-oriented environmental management system at all levels in a large bakery enterprise. Peter Senge's concept of a learning organization was an inspiration for the project.
- LCA of RSPO Certified Palm Oil
This project aims to develop time-series of life cycle (LCA) results of RSPO certified versus non-certified palm oil. Further, the LCA is differentiate between producing countries and type of growers (estates and smallholders)
- Monetary valuation
In 2006 we developed our first life cycle impact assessment method with option for full monetarisation of all impact categories. Now we are updating it and offer everyone to join the further developments the field of monetary valuation in our Monetarisation Club.