Chief Operations Officer (COO) for science‑based consultancy company
At 2.-0 LCA consultants ApS, a full-time position as COO is available at our headquarter in Aalborg. The position is available as soon as possible after the deadline (see below) and no later than July 1st 2021.
2.-0 LCA consultants is an internationally oriented consultancy in quantitative life cycle assessment (LCA). The company is relatively small, 13 academic employees, but is going through a period of rapid growth. The company has offices in Aalborg, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, and Barcelona.
We are looking for a COO that can be the right hand of the CEO, taking on the administrative and organisational tasks, ensuring the coordination and cooperation within the company (between the different projects and co-workers, taking care of human resource issues, workshops and training events, and managing progress to meet deadlines, as well as quality assessment procedures and contingency management), supporting the CEO in strategic development and the communication and collaboration with external parties (prospective and current clients, follow-up on client satisfaction).
We would like you to be involved in the production too, so experience with quantitative LCA or similar complex quantitative modelling tools or large-scale data management will be a strong advantage.
We expect that you:
- Understand management as a support function that aims at helping employees in reaching their targets
- Have a relevant Master’s degree (natural or social sciences) with at least 5 years of work experience
- Have experience with project management in a private business context
- Are independent, well-organised, robust, and a quick learner
- Have a friendly and diplomatic attitude and respect for differences in attitudes and behaviour
- Have good communication skills and fluency in English language, both in writing and verbally. Danish language is not required but it is an advantage.
Wage according to qualifications. The position is subject to a mutual probation period of three months.
Application by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. At least two personal references must be provided.
Deadline for applications: May 31st 2021